Monday, June 15, 2009

Thankyou God!!

I dont know about you guys but i am/was a big fate basher, God nagger, or as all "mod gals" put it now a days--> Whateverrrrrr kind of a guy.
But it took just one documentary on Discovery, to change my outlook.(Take that Aastha). No it was not spiritual, on the contrary it was about a person suffering with a disease known as treeman disease though the medical name is Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis and the cause is some chromosome mutation, which to a lame guy(me) means it can happen to anyone. The condition is agonizing ; branch like things start growing from the patients hands and feet, to add to the pain these growths are carcinogenic and the patient undergoes complete immunity loss, so any infection is deadly.
I was horrified(obviously), sympathetic(towards the patients) and thankful(to God) at the same time, the memory has stuck to me like a Cilice, to remind me how lucky i am, how lucky we all are.There is a definite reduction in the nagging and bashing...
Every morning is a pleasure to wake up to.
Thankyou God!!!
Conclusion: I am happy because i saw a person suffer with a horrible disease, i m a sadist.
on a Serious note: Things are fine, enjoy every moment, it could be a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment